perjantai 7. kesäkuuta 2024

What is my digital identity?

 What is my most and least used social media tool? What is the potential of the one I am currently not using?

The most familiar social media service I've used over the years is undoubtedly Instagram. I have been a frequent user since 2013 and had about 8t followers at some point. However, in the last few years I've cut back on my daily usage and activity drastically due to following my changed values.

Potential of TikTok is massive phenomena, although it was created much later(2016) than its rivals such as Facebook and Instagram, it has more than 1billion users and the engagement has reached all time high. It is sixth October 2023) most used social media service worldwide. Tiktok is mostly used for educational, funny, inspirational or just entertaining videos, which can easily create worldwide phenomenas, such as some famous Tiktok recipies or workouts and such.

In my future career, there would be multiple possibilities in Tiktok by sharing motivational videos of my journey from an anorexic girl to the strong ''bodybuilder''. That would be great pr-material for my future business as a personal trainer. Or sharing some of my delish recipes I've taken and mixed them into something healthier. As the age of the users range mostly from 18-24, these are the topics that they are interested in. Also different workouts, alternatives for the ''basic'' gym movements and some Live where I take questions from my followers and answer them, giving also a professional twist, where people trust my services more and I gain more likelihood of my followers making a purchase.

Which companies utilize social media platforms well? Who could I learn from?

Polar uses multiple social platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, to engage their customers, which are a bit more mature audience. They take great care by promoting their business in instagram by reposting user-generated content. They use Facebook for educational and customer support purposes. They do also real-time updates in Twitter, post about the industry and engage with fitness enthusiast. By doing job postings, they enlarge their connect with all kinds of customer segments through LinkedIn as well.

Puhdas+ actively engages with their customers by responding to their comments, messages. They post meaningful and real-time content. By using diverse platforms and content formats, it creates a buzz around the business. It is also a relatively small company, but have created a very professional standpoint in all their platforms, which creates a sense of continuum for the customer to rely on. Puhdas+ utilizes their knowledge on health, to share informative and educational contents, such as articles, videos all across the board. 

My digital identity 

My digital identity isn't a very professional one, as I was ridiculed and bullied at some point in some sites.I also did some modelling, which is one of the first ones to come up and also an article I did about anorexia. My posts in social media are either very silly and one might see me as a funny person who doesnt really care about what others think, or just about fitness such as videos and photos. There aren't very recent material that would be educational or would drive people that were looking for Personal Trainer services to my pages. This isn't however how I wan't to be portrayed in the future and have thought about this before starting this blog. This is also a great way to reflect my past and how to make a more accurate and real picture of my abilities, values and who am I really as a person.

1 c) What is your digital identity? Examine your recent social media activity and posts. Describe in your blog what kind of social media user / content provider you are and what your digital identity is like. Additionally, Google information about yourself - pictures, videos, pages. Pay attention to the type of information you found, information correctness, and your options to control what kind of information is available online about you. Write to your blog about your findings regarding your digital identity and how it is formed. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti